Foliar-Pak® Base Magnesium is a highly concentrated magnesium based on a proprietary dispersion and suspension process that includes polymers and sugars.
Foliar-Pak Base Magnesium is a soil-applied product designed to fill the void between foliar magnesium applications, and soil-applied granular applications. Providing more magnesium than a foliar application, while being much smaller in particle size compared to a granular application, allows Foliar-Pak Base Magnesium to begin working in the soil during in-season applications. With its small particle size, Foliar-Pak Base Magnesium is easily solubilized and adsorbed to soil cation exchange sites.
In The Soil:
- Magnesium has the ability to displace sodium ions on the soil colloid, and also buffer salts that may be present in the root rhizosphere.
- Magnesium is important in maintaining proper base saturation levels.
- Magnesium often becomes deficient in sandy soils.
In The Plant:
- Magnesium is a constituent of chlorophyll, and therefore has a profound effect on photosynthesis and plant color.
- Magnesium is a component of the middle lamella—the layer that cements cell walls of two adjoining plant cells together.
- Magnesium is required for the preservation of ribosome structure and integrity, making magnesium important in the protein-building process.
Brickshire Golf ClubChad Karr, Golf Course Superintendent
Chad Karr recently celebrated one year as the superintendent of Brickshire Golf Club in Providence Forge, Virginia. The milestone marks a year full of change and adjustment—for Chad, his family,Continue Reading
Harbor ShoresMatt Vollrath, Golf Course Superintendent
How many can say they hosted a PGA tournament in their first year as superintendent? Matt Vollrath is one of the lucky few. After almost five years as assistant, VollrathContinue Reading