Foliar-Pak® Base Calcium is a highly concentrated calcium based on a proprietary dispersion and suspension process that includes polymers and sugars.
Foliar-Pak Base Calcium is a soil-applied product designed to fill the void between foliar calcium applications, and soil-applied granular applications. Providing more calcium than a foliar application, while being much smaller in particle size compared to a granular application, allows Foliar-Pak Base Calcium to begin working in the soil during in-season applications. With its small particle size, Foliar-Pak Base Calcium is easily solubilized and adsorbed to soil cation exchange sites.
In The Soil:
- Calcium has the ability to displace sodium ions on the soil colloid, and also buffer salts that may be present in the root rhizosphere.
- Calcium helps to push the soil platelets apart, creating a more suitable environment for aeration and root growth.
- Calcium is important in maintaining proper base saturation levels.
In The Plant:
- Calcium plays an active role in the uptake of water and nutrients.
- Calcium strengthens cell walls and works as a signal messenger.
- Calcium increases cuticular thickness and cell turgor pressure.