Foliar-Pak® Base Calcium is a highly concentrated calcium based on a proprietary dispersion and suspension process that includes polymers and sugars.
Foliar-Pak Base Calcium is a soil-applied product designed to fill the void between foliar calcium applications, and soil-applied granular applications. Providing more calcium than a foliar application, while being much smaller in particle size compared to a granular application, allows Foliar-Pak Base Calcium to begin working in the soil during in-season applications. With its small particle size, Foliar-Pak Base Calcium is easily solubilized and adsorbed to soil cation exchange sites.
In The Soil:
- Calcium has the ability to displace sodium ions on the soil colloid, and also buffer salts that may be present in the root rhizosphere.
- Calcium helps to push the soil platelets apart, creating a more suitable environment for aeration and root growth.
- Calcium is important in maintaining proper base saturation levels.
In The Plant:
- Calcium plays an active role in the uptake of water and nutrients.
- Calcium strengthens cell walls and works as a signal messenger.
- Calcium increases cuticular thickness and cell turgor pressure.
Brickshire Golf ClubChad Karr, Golf Course Superintendent
Chad Karr recently celebrated one year as the superintendent of Brickshire Golf Club in Providence Forge, Virginia. The milestone marks a year full of change and adjustment—for Chad, his family,Continue Reading
Forest Oaks Country ClubEric Hutchins, Golf Course Superintendent at Forest Oaks Country Club
From the late ‘70s to 2007, Forest Oaks Country Club hosted an annual PGA Tour tournament. Fifteen years ago, the momentum compounded by three decades of international attention came toContinue Reading