Foliar-Pak® Caliber calcium carbonate is easily solubilized and ensures that the calcium is rapidly available for root uptake or absorption to soil cation exchange sites.
Foliar-Pak Caliber calcium carbonate is finely milled, consistently processed to a size of less than one micron. This ultra-small particle is easily solubilized and ensures that the calcium is rapidly available for root uptake or absorption to soil cation exchange sites.
In the Plant:
- Calcium plays an active role in the uptake of water and nutrients.
- Calcium strengthens cell walls and works as a signal messenger, helping activate natural plant defense mechanisms.
- Calcium reduces or prevents infections by increasing cuticular thickness and cell turgor pressure.
- Calcium protects the plant by acting as a buffering agent against stress caused by soil toxicity or extremes of acidity or alkalinity.
In the Soil:
- Calcium has the ability to displace sodium ions on the soil colloid, and also buffer salts that may be present in the root rhizosphere.
- Calcium helps to push the soil platelets apart, creating a more suitable environment for aeration and root growth.
- Calcium is important in maintaining proper base saturation levels.